The Liebster Award is like a chain letter for small bloggers. There are a few variations on the rules floating around the blogosphere, but the point is to help drive traffic to small blogs that you enjoy. I'm so glad that I came up on Lisa's short list! I've enjoyed reading her blog, and I'm happy to learn that she enjoys mine!
Here are the rules that Lisa posted:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- List some bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you really feel deserve a little blogging love! I'm going with fewer than 1000 followers (per the rules listed by Wording Well), because I don't follow that many blogs.
- Let all of the bloggers know you have nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer.
1. What is your favorite sandwich?
The veggie sandwich I used to make in Israel: hummus and mustard on the bread, with avocado, tomato, lettuce, and cucumber in between. (I need to start eating those again!)2. What is one thing you hope to accomplish in the rest of 2014?
One thing? If we're talking about reasonable goals, I'll say "teaching the Bat to read." He has a good start, and seems to be learning to read very organically, so I don't think that goal is a stretch. If we're talking about difficult goals, then financial stability would be wonderful :)3. What scent most makes you think of your childhood?
The smell of the coastal redwood forest.4. Where is your preferred locale--Rural, Suburban, Urban, Other?
Rural, definitely.5. What was your favorite blog post to write so far?
I came up with a few possibilities that described the subject matter. Trial and Error Home Ec was the only one with an available URL on Blogger.8. What genre of books do you most prefer?
Nonfiction. I especially enjoy history and science.9. Where is your dream vacation happening?
Someday, I would love to visit Greenland. DH and I also once plotted out a road trip that would include the Washington Scablands, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and northern Minnesota.10. Who most inspires you?
My children. They remind me to live life on the blurry side.11. When do you prefer to write?
When the children are occupied.Now for 11 random things about me:
- I'm a homeschool graduate.
- My baccalaureate degree is in psychology.
- My baccalaureate degree is my greatest regret. I wish I hadn't finished college.
- I used to play and teach the Celtic harp professionally.
- I love music theory.
- I knit and crochet.
- I enjoy cross-stitch and hand sewing when I'm stressed.
- I am a Karaite Jew.
- I have this dream project of doing a cross-stitch picture to represent every place dh and I have lived, and then to use the framed pictures as a picture collage in our home.
- I only wear long skirts/dresses.
- I started wearing skirts for completely secular reasons.
- Domestic Felicity, written by an Orthodox Jewish woman who lives in rural Israel. Interesting and thought-provoking, although we often disagree.
- Joy-Focused Learning, a lovely homeschool blog.
- Mom's Frugal. I love this blog. It has tons of information that has been useful to me!
- Spits and Wiggles. Again, this blogger and I often disagree, but her writing is a lot of fun!
- Mom's the Word. I enjoy the sense of humor her, and this blogger hosts Make Your Home Sing Monday.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite post that you've written?
- Toilet paper: Over or Under?
- Do you have (are had by) any pets? If so, what kind, and who cares for them?
- How do you make sure the dishes get done?
- Why does your blog have the title it has?
- What inspires you?
- What is your favorite book?
- What was the best thing that happened to you in 2013?
- What's your favorite dinner on busy days?
- What's your favorite season?