I have no idea if this actually helped our recoveries, but it sure was soothing. It combines four ingredients with known medicinal properties, all of which are common place. While I haven't used it yet, ginger would be an excellent addition to the recipe.
Cold Treatment Concentrate
1/2 cinnamon stick
4 or 5 whole cloves
- Put the peels, cinnamon, and cloves in a pot, and cover with at least 3 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, and allow to simmer until the cinnamon stick starts to be willing to uncurl.
- Bring it back up to a boil, and reduce to about 1.5 cups of liquid.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Strain, and pour liquid into ice cube trays. Freeze. Once frozen, I stored the cubes in a sandwich bag in my freezer door.