Well, better late than never, eh? It's been a crazy weekend, but we've had a good time. We had an impromptu trip to my father's to celebrate the boys' birthdays (the actual events are on the 12th and 19th, but my father will be out of town during that time). Needless to say, by menu plan came to a screeching halt when we left home Saturday morning!
So without further ado, here are the results of my pantry challenge for last week :)
We did do some shopping this week. Frozen spinach was on sale for $0.79/box, so I bought five. I also bought milk, cream and a huge yam for baby food, pears, and materials for making burritos (tortillas and cheese, since I already have beans). I'm going to try making and freezing burritos for a snack food. I also picked up hot dogs for dh and crackers, chutney, and a bag of flour from the sale rack.
Here's my menu plan for this week:
- Monday: Unexpected travel had us out most of the day, dinner was black bean beef with green onions
- Tuesday: French toast, PB&J, Egg Foo Young and Bamboo shoots with water chestnuts and baby corn
- Wednesday: Eggs and toast, Potato carrot soup, Green curry eggplant
- Thursday: Rice, PB&J, Tuna casserole and Beets
- Friday: Pancakes, Potato carrot soup, Egg Foo Young and Bamboo shoots with water chestnuts and baby corn
- Saturday: Pumpkin coffee cake, PB&J, Tuna casserole and Beets
The freezer is still pretty full, largely because of this week's shopping, but the fridge is definitely getting emptier. I don't anticipate any further grocery shopping this week.
This post has been linked to the Pantry Challenge at Good Cheap Eats and Menu Plan Monday at Org Junkie.