And it really all needs to be done by Thursday evening, because we're going out of town for the weekend. On Friday, I need to pack.
While most people don't need to do this kind of cleaning (for a holiday), it's good to do a deep clean every so often. So here's how I'm going to break down cleaning over the course of the week:
- Monday (today): Usual Monday routine--dusting, bathroom, floors (quick clean), clean the microwave--plus catching up on filing, polishing the furniture, and cleaning the windows
- Tuesday: Clean the cabinets, inside and out, and clean the trash cans and under appliances and furniture. Also taking out the recycling.
- Wednesday: Change bedding and rotate matresses and clean the fridge and freezer
- Thursday: Clean the floors again, including scrubbing the linoleum and doing a detailed vacuum, and vacuum under the couch cushions
- Friday: Put all the forbidden foods in storage, wipe down fridge and counters again, and clean the car.
I like taking my time with spring cleaning, so it doesn't get overwhelming or derailed when life happens.
What tips do you have for doing a deep clean?
This post has been linked with Welcome Home at Raising Arrows.